Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Easy Spring Wreath tutorial


I made this cute Spring wreath last night!


 I love making wreaths but this style was a first for me. I got the idea at a local craft store that had a wreath on display, the colors of the stores wreath weren't my taste so I picked out different fabric and came up with a wreath that I LOVE.

Here is what you will need:

14 inch straw wreath
1/3 yard each of SIX different fabrics
A pair of pinking shears
Ribbon (to hang the wreath with)
felt flowers and/or polyfoam easter eggs
small screw driver OR a pen

The first thing you will need to do is cut your fabric into 4 inch squares with your pinking shears. If you've never heard of  pinking shears that's ok!! I had no clue what they were until this project! Pinking shears are scissors specially made for cutting fabric. they leave a zig-zag or scalloped edge on the fabric which gives it a more finished look :)

 Once you have all your fabric cut out,  you can start randomly placing it on your wreath. I left my straw wreath in it's plastic packaging and grabbed a square of fabric placing it on the wreath with the fabric pattern side-up. Then I placed my pen in the center of the fabric and pushed it through into the straw wreath.



I repeated that step until the front of the wreath was covered in fabric. I also made sure to overlap on the sides a little bit so when it's hanging up you can't see any of the straw wreath.

 I was planning on making my own felt flowers to go on the wreath but then I happened to find these flowers that matched my fabric perfectly. They were in the scrap booking section but I think they work perfectly in the wreath.


I finished it off with some blue chevron print ribbon and voila! I absolutely LOVE it!



4 comments:

Loni said...

So stinkin' cute! I'm making one! Thanks!

Jen said...

Completely adorable!

Erika said...

this is adorable, angie! Now i want to make one haha

Anonymous said...

Bethany Hanson made one for a service auction and I fell in love with it so now I need to make one! Thanks for the tutorial!

Post a Comment