Thursday, February 20, 2014

An Adoption Placement

This is a post I put on my photography site tonight and wanted to share it here too. I've gotten some great comments and feedback and I'm just so thrilled to finally be able to share the pictures from this amazing session! :)


I don't even know where to begin. I am so, so proud of this session. I'm so grateful that I was asked to photograph this special moment in time and to be a part of it all.

For those of you that don't know, my family has been greatly blessed by adoption. Both of my handsome boys are adopted. Both of their adoption stories are unique and beautiful and special. There are no words to express the gratitude I have to God for allowing me the privilege to be their mom. I have a tremendous amount of love and respect for both of their birth mothers and the gift they have given us.

Do you know someone that's adopted? have you ever wondered what an adoption placement might be like? Well let me tell you. It's incredible. Sacred. Humbling and heartbreaking yet full of hope and joy all at once. There is gratitude and love, so much love in that room. It's hard to imagine that a tiny little being can be loved by so many so instantly. There wasn't a dry eye in sight (myself included) and I'm thrilled to share just a handful of these images with you.




0 comments:

Post a Comment